1) Retail Insider reports that Uniqlo is scouting store locations in Toronto and Vancouver
- I love this store!
- It is interesting that Uniqlo is making it’s foray into the Canadian retail landscape amidst other juggernauts such as Nordstroms
2) Check out a vintage Clairol ad featuring Martha Stewart from Women’s Wear Daily
3) Net-a-Porter is going to publish a mass magazine, aiming to be “a major fashion magazine within the next 12 months” (says the CEO) that will compete with Vogue at the newsstands
- That is really a lofty endeavour, but given their retail clout, I’m sure there is potential for a lot of extravagant editorials
- H&M also has a magazine they publish, although it is a free publication only available at H&M stores
- I wonder if this retailer-published magazine trend will continue?