1) Retail Insider reports that Uniqlo is scouting store locations in Toronto and Vancouver
- I love this store!
- It is interesting that Uniqlo is making it’s foray into the Canadian retail landscape amidst other juggernauts such as Nordstroms
2) Check out a vintage Clairol ad featuring Martha Stewart from Women’s Wear Daily
3) Net-a-Porter is going to publish a mass magazine, aiming to be “a major fashion magazine within the next 12 months” (says the CEO) that will compete with Vogue at the newsstands
- That is really a lofty endeavour, but given their retail clout, I’m sure there is potential for a lot of extravagant editorials
- H&M also has a magazine they publish, although it is a free publication only available at H&M stores
- I wonder if this retailer-published magazine trend will continue?
To start my blogrolling, I’ve decided to link to some stories that I’ve found interesting and have read recently (and are presented in no particular order).
1) The Secret Life of the Bergdorf Shoe Salesman (well, not really that secret as he does give an interview)
2) Fashion Magazine’s take on Alexander Wang moving to Balenciaga
- I wonder if Bernadette Morra’s (Editor at Fashion Magazine) prediction of the brand expanding in China as a result will pan out. I mean, yes, China does love its luxury goods, but will it love the aesthetic of Balenciaga, even with Alexander at the helm?
3) Red Carpet Fashion Awards did a countdown of Kristen Stewart’s red carpet looks during the Twilight tour.
- I am partial to the yellow Dior she wore in Madrid, I love yellow dresses on the red carpet, they always pop (for lack of a better word)
- I was surprised myself with the lack of Balenciaga
4) Speaking of Miss Stewart, her stylist, Tara Swennen, spoke with Vogue UK
- I love interviews with stylists, who are an under-appreciated lot in my opinion and usually never get any credit for creating looks
- And these interviews usually have juicy celebrity stories too
Ok, that ends my first post, thanks for reading.