1) The rise of the lower priced line:
- Zac Posen is launching Zac Zac Posen, a mid-priced line really
- Oscar de la Renta is developing such a line for The Outnet
- Prabal Gurung for Target launches tomorrow
- My initial impression of lower priced lines was “Huzzah, I can be chic too!”
- But will the novelty end soon?
2) New York Fashion Week has commenced!
- I really liked Rag and Bone’s collection
3) Montreal Fashion Week just wrapped up
- It wants to branch out globally
- I’m surprised that major Canadian retailers that are based in Montreal, like Aldo and Jacob, don’t have more of a presence here