1) The rise of the lower priced line:
- Zac Posen is launching Zac Zac Posen, a mid-priced line really
- Oscar de la Renta is developing such a line for The Outnet
- Prabal Gurung for Target launches tomorrow
- My initial impression of lower priced lines was “Huzzah, I can be chic too!”
- But will the novelty end soon?
2) New York Fashion Week has commenced!
3) Montreal Fashion Week just wrapped up
- It wants to branch out globally
- I’m surprised that major Canadian retailers that are based in Montreal, like Aldo and Jacob, don’t have more of a presence here
1) Elle brings you Prabal Gurung’s Target collection
- There are a lot of dresses, I’m not into dresses
- The line is quite print heavy, a la Peter Pilotto or Mary Katrantzou
- I kind of have print fatigue
- I do love Prabal Gurung though
2) Ralph Lauren had a show at Highclere Castle
- Highclere Castle=Downton Abbey!!
- He also sponsors the show
- His Fall 2012 show was quite Downton-inspired, more specifically, Lady Edith-inspired
- I want to go to there
3) Glamour has a 2013 Critic’s Choice Awards Fashion round-up
- Am disappointed with wardrobe choices. All of them.
- That is all.
Posted in All the Posts
Tagged 2013 Critic's Choice Awards, Downton Abbey, Elle, Glamour, Highclere Castle, Lady Edith, Mary Katranzou, Peter Pilotto, Prabal Gurung, Ralph Lauren, Target